Thursday, May 28, 2009

Today has been kind of hard....my mom's birthday. She would have ben 92 & she passed away a year ago Tuesday. She was a very special lady....one of six children....the only one to go to college. She went to a 3 year teacher's college...got her teaching degree...but never taught school. She ended up working in a bank and became one of the top officers in that bank during her career of 30 + years.
She & my dad were married 48 years when he passed away in 1988. Then she lived another 20 years, volunteering at our local hospital and spending time with her children, grandchildren & great grand children.
There are so many good things I could say about my mom, but I guess the most memorable is that she was always there for us & did anything she could for my sister & I, so we were there for her when she became ill and needed us. She passed away at home...just like she wanted. My niece & I took care of her those last few weeks and we wouldn't have had it any other way.
She was a very special lady...dressed just so, with her hair done & jewelry that she picked out each day....never left the house without her earrings on. She was the matriarch of our family, with 2 daughters....5 grandchildren....12 great grandchildren.
She & my dad are missed everyday, but we know they are in a better place....angels watching over all of us.

1 comment:

OldeAnniePrimitives said...

Hi Char! So glad to see you back on here! Keep it up!

This was such a sweet post and made me think dearly of my own mom. There is NOTHING like a mother's love, and when they leave us they take a part of us with them. I lost my mom 14 years ago at age 75. I still have days I cry because I miss her so much! You mom looks and sounds like such a beautiful woman!

Can't wait to see some of your creations. You'd better be back...I'll be hounding you! LOL! ~~Annie